- You are here
Somerset Willow Growers Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect information about you and use it to provide the services you request and communicate with you. It also outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy.
We will comply with the requirements of the Data Protection legislation in force in England and Wales from time to time. You may request a copy of any personal data we hold about you from time to time. Please note that we reserve the right to charge the current statutory fee of £10 for providing such information. When we first obtain personal information from you, or when you take a new service from us, we will give you the opportunity to indicate if you do not wish to receive information from us about other services or products (to “opt out”). You may revise the choice that you have made at any time by writing to us or emailing to inform us of the change. You may ask us at any time to cease using your personal data.
What information do we collect?
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is knowingly provided. We may ask for details such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, billing details and credit card information. We may obtain further information about your use of our Web Site to help us develop and improve it further. There is no requirement for you to provide us with such information in order to use the Web Site. However, if you decide to withhold certain information requested by us, you may not be able to visit all sections of the Web Site or use all our services and/or buy our products.
How we collect information
- We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including:
- from you when you agree to take a service from us;
- from you when you contact us with an inquiry either generally or from the Web Site or in response to a communication from us;
- from the Web Site when you order goods or services; and/or
- from publicly available sources, such as the electoral register.
Use of information
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- to help to identify you when you telephone us or contact us through the Web Site to make an enquiry;
- to write to you (including electronic mail) and/or to telephone you to request your view on our services or with other information about other services or products either provided by us or by our carefully selected partners. We will not use your information in this way if you have opted out or otherwise not consented to the use of your personal data for these purposes;
- to process and fulfill orders for any goods or services we have agreed to supply;
- to help us to administer accounts, the services and products which we offer, and this Web Site; and/or
- to help detect fraud or loss. information we hold about you and your preferences will help us to make sure that we contact you about things likely to be of relevance and interest to you where applicable.
Disclosure of Information
Protection of Information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect your personal information which you may supply to us in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements. This includes following certain procedures, for example to check your identity when you telephone us and encrypting data on our Web Site.
Use of “cookies”
Links to other sites
This Web Site may contain links to sites not owned or operated by Somerset Willow Growers Ltd. Such third party sites are not under our control and we do not contribute to the contents of such sites. You must read the privacy policies for each of these websites independently.
Monitoring of Calls
We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done to improve the service which we provide, to ensure compliance with other practices and procedures and where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means, to provide evidence of the transaction. Telephone calls using the telephone numbers provided on this Web Site and email correspondence with the Company at the email addresses accessible through, or discernible from, this Web Site may be recorded or monitored for quality standards and/or training purposes. By using such communication methods you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of the same.
By using this website you are agreeing to the terms as described in this policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this policy, then you should cease to use this site immediately.